Venus Viva – Skin Resurfacing treatment at 5th Avenue Medical Clinic
Venus Viva™ treatment is a non-surgical solution for skin resurfacing and wrinkle reduction.
NanoFractional RF applicator works with small pins that safely deliver energy through the skin’s surface – it creates wounds which stimulate body to heal naturally. Diamondpolar applicator helps restore a younger-looking appearance by using heat. It naturally boosts collagen production.
Repairs signs of skin damage, including:
- Scars from injury, acne scars
- Enlarged pores
- Stretch marks
- Deep wrinkles
- Uneven skin texture
- Soften fine lines
- Diminishes deep wrinkles
- Tightens and smoothens sagging skin
- Noticeably smoother, healthier skin
- More comfortable than traditional skin resurfacing treatments
- Low downtime- patients can return to their day immediately afterwards
- Quick treatment sessions (30 minutes)
- Safe for all skin tones
- Am I a good candidate for Venus Viva™ treatment?
The ideal candidate is anyone who shows signs of skin damage, including deep wrinkles, scars, visible pores, stretch marks, and/or anything else that affects the skin’s texture.
For safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are:
- An Internal defibrillator/pacemaker or any other active electrical implant in the body
- Any permanent implant or injected substance around the treatment area
- Any active conditions in the treatment area (e.g. rash)
- History of skin disorders or very dry skin
- Current or history of cancer (including pre-malignant moles)
- Severe concurrent conditions (e.g. cardiac disorders)
- Pregnant or nursing
- An impaired immune system
- A history of disease around the treatment area that’s stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders (e.g. diabetes)
- Taking blood thinners
- Had a face lift or eyelid surgery within the past 3 months
- Had any resurfacing treatments or chemical peels within the past 3 months
- Had any cosmetic injections within the past 2 weeks
- Consumed any Advil, Tylenol or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs within the past week of your treatment
- Any surgeries within the past 6 months
- Treating over tattoos or permanent makeup
- Excessively tanned
2. I have darker skin – can I still get this treatment done?
Yes. Venus Viva™ uses technology that’s safe for all skin tones, even darker ones.
3. How many sessions will I need to see results?
Most patients receive 3 treatments per area. The exact number will depend on each individual person and the area being treated.
4. How often should the treatments be?
Treatments are done 4 weeks apart.
5. Do I need to do anything to prepare for the treatment?
Make sure your skin is clean. Do not apply any lotions, creams, perfumes, powder, or makeup before your treatment session, and avoid tanning.
Remove all jewelry around the area being treated. If you have excessive hair on the treatment area, shave it beforehand. It also helps to be prepared with information about your medical history—the Therapist will likely ask about it.
6. How will I feel after my treatment?
Your skin will be red and feel warm afterward, like a sunburn. You can ease this by fanning or exposing the area to cool air. Don’t put anything on your skin, not even water, for 24 hours. The warm feeling should go away within 24 hours.
7. Is there downtime after the treatment?
Yes, but only for 24 hours post-treatment (or up to 5 days for more aggressive treatments), unlike lasers or other treatments where recovery or downtime lasts up to 10 days. Your skin will be red and for the first 24 hours, you will not be allowed to apply or rub anything on your skin, including water or sweat (so no hot yoga or any other exercise that will make you perspire). After 24 hours, you may put on
makeup and resume your regular skin care routine. You should apply sunscreen (at least SPF 30), preferably one without chemicals. But avoid rigorous exercise and hot baths or massages on the treatment area for the first 2 days after your session. Make sure to keep your skin clean and protected from the sun. Avoid any sort of tanning.
8. How long will the results last and are they permanent?
After your final treatment, your results will continue to improve. However, one touch-up session may be needed approximately every 6 months, depending on how your skin responds.
9. Do I need to do anything after my treatment?
If your skin feels hot, you can use a fan to cool it down. Avoid touching or scratching the treatment area. Do not put lotion, makeup, or anything else on your skin, including water, for 24 hours. After 24 hours, you should apply sunscreen (at least SPF 30), preferably one without chemicals. Also avoid rigorous exercise and hot baths or massages on the treatment area for the first 2 days after your session.
Make sure to keep your skin clean and protected from the sun. Avoid any sort of tanning.
10. Can I put on makeup or lotion right after the Venus Viva™ treatment on my face?
No. You should wait till 24 hours after your treatment to apply any makeup or lotion.