SIGNATURE CUSTOMISED FACIAL
PAMPER YOUR SKIN. ENJOY THE GLOW!
A Facial is basically a multi-step skin treatment that is one of the best ways to take care of your skin. A facial cleanses, exfoliates, and nourishes the skin, promoting a clear, well-hydrated complexion and can help your skin look younger but we cannot forget that facial works best when it is part of an on-going program of skin care.
5th Avenue Medical Clinic puts a modern spin on classic facials to help you maintain healthy, radiant skin.
You exercise often, you eat right and you get frequent haircuts, so why wouldn’t you get a facial? As with most other beauty and health matters, facials help prevent and treat common problems.
Take the Autumn season, for example. When you turn the heat on for the first time in October, you might notice a change in your skin. Inside heat can dehydrate skin and facials can drastically correct a lack of moisture. And every April when the weather warms up a bit, skin can get oilier and create breakouts. Facials can help with these and many other skin ailments.
Regular Facials will allow you to enjoy smoother texture, proper hydration, a glowing complexion, fewer breakouts and firmer skin!
The massage used in a facial treatment encourages blood flow and brings nourishing blood to the skin’s cells. Facial treatments are relaxing, as well as therapeutic.
Main signs that tells you, you need a facial!
- Excess oil production
- Fine line/wrinkles
- Dark circles
- Large pores
- Rough texture
- Pigmented spots
Before a facial is given, you must inform the skin care specialist of any allergies. The ingredients in some products used in some treatments may cause allergic reactions. If you have sensitive skin, you must tell your skin care specialist about this as well.
See some basic basic Steps of a Facial which will help you to understand how the process looks like:
- Consultation. Our aesthetician will discuss and analyse your skin and together will help you set skin care goals before customising your facial.
- Preparations. Our therapist will make sure you are well informed about the treatment you are about to receive, and that you feel comfortable and ready to start.
- Cleansing. The first step is thorough cleansing.
- Steam. This is relaxing and helps softens up any blackheads and whiteheads to be extracted. If you have very sensitive skin, the therapist may not use steam.
- Exfoliation using a mechanical or chemical exfoliant.
- Extractions. This is the removal of blackheads or whiteheads if you want it and need it.
- Facial massage using classic strokes to both relax you and stimulate your skin and facial muscles.
- Facial mask targeted to your skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive, mature) and condition.
- Final application of toner, serums, moisturizer, and sunscreen if it’s daytime.
- Advice on home skin care. The therapist will tell you how she thinks you can take better care of your skin and recommend products that will help to maintain desired effects.
There’s a wealth of information about skin care that’s readily available to us at the click of a mouse. That more than likely means your bathroom is already filled with products—peels, masks, scrubs, etc.—that can give you a serious deep clean. But while it’s great to practice good skin care, that doesn’t necessarily mean you should be skipping out on seeking professional help. And even though you may not suffer from severe acne or other chronic conditions, your complexion will still benefit from the attention of a trained Aesthetician.
Before the endless options leave you feeling overwhelmed and leave your face with premature stress lines (goodness knows we don’t want that), please see our offer and talk to our Therapist about best suitable option for you.
How Often Should I Get A Facial?
It varies from person to person. Ideally, get a facial monthly because that’s how long it takes the skin to regenerate. Try to have a facial at least four times a year, as the season changes. You may need it more frequently if you are trying to clear up a case of acne, especially at the beginning. Otherwise, once a month is plenty. You can overdo it, especially if you have sensitive skin.
How Effective Are Anti-Aging Facials?
Anti-aging facials can be very effective, but it depends on the skill and experience of the Therapist, the quality of the products, and whether you carry through with a good home skin care regimen.
What Can Facial Masks Do For Your Skin?
A face mask is intended to treat your particular skin condition so it’s important to choose the right one. If you’re using a professional skin care line, the therapist can usually recommend a facial mask for you to use at home, but sometimes they are for professional use only.
Depending on their ingredients, masks can tighten and tone, hydrate, nourish, draw out impurities, help blemishes heal, calm and soothe, and rejuvenate the skin.