Acne is an inflammatory disorder of the sebaceous glands. There are four major factors in the genesis of acne:
- Increased sebum production
- Hormones – androgen activity
- Abnormality in the micro flora of the skin
- Abnormality in cell turnover – keratin plugging, caused by cells keratinizing too early – blockage is a perfect ground for bacteria, which attaches to the clogged mass and inflames into a pimple
- Non-Inflamed Acne
Closed comedo – impacted dead cells enlarge from the lesion into closed comedo, it is unable to dilate the opening and move onto the surface
Open comedo (blackhead) – the surface opening dilates from the pressure, it becomes large, oxidizes and turns a brownish – black
- Inflamed Acne – papules, pustules, nodules and cysts
Acne is not a contagious disease. All skin disorders represent physical manifestations. DMK Acne Treatment will detoxify the skin, flush through toxins. Also, it will help reduce inflammation, kill infection and increase oxygenated blood flow. The best acne treatment should be done in a series of 12 treatments to keep up in the progress.
Goals during the DMK treatment:
- Cleanse – for disincrustation
- Exfoliation – to remove keratinization and prepare for the extraction
- Extraction – to evacuate the entire follicle
- Enzyme Treatment – to remove toxins and waste material, rebuild the skin
- Hydration and Sun Protection – maintain and protect the skin
Our Therapists understand the underlying processes which help them to develop the best treatment for our Patients!
DMK believes that the origin of all skin conditions is a result of disharmony in skin function. DMK has formulated a range of treatments and products that re-educate skin by using principles of biochemistry.
DMK paramedical skin revision products are extremely complex and precise. Through a TEWL they are designed specifically to work with the internal function and structure of the skin. They are effective in the treatment of a wide variety of skin conditions.
DMK utilizes potent plant extracts. The DMK research team invest significant resources in extracting the highest possible grade.
DMK formulations are pharmaceutical grade – high concentration of active ingredients
Your Journey to Great Skin
2017 DMK-UK Ltd